Guacamole makes a delicious appetizer whether it be a festive gathering or family night. Avocados provide plenty of heart healthy monounsaturated fat and fiber (10g in one cup)! Serve with veggies and multigrain tortilla chips.
Key Nutrients: Vitamin B5, fiber, vitamin K, copper, folate, vitamin B6, vitamin E, potassium, vitamin C
6 ½ cup servings
- 4 ripe Haas avocadoes
- 1 lemon, juiced (roughly 3 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. Make three even slices lengthwise and then 4-5 slices horizontally into the flesh (making little cubes) and scoop into a medium sized bowl.
- Immediately add the lemon juice, hot pepper sauce, onion, garlic, salt and pepper and toss.
- Add tomato. Mix well.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)