Cilantro and Walnut Pesto
The lemon juice enhances the fresh cilantro flavor. The walnuts add a dose of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats and are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids. This tasty pesto can use drizzled on grilled vegetables, fish, or chicken, added into gazpacho soup, or even used as a dipping sauce for Parmesan-crusted crackers.
Key Nutrients: Vitamin K, omega-3 fats, copper, manganese, molybdenum, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, biotin
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups of cilantro, leaves only
- ¼ cup walnuts, toasted
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a food processor, add the garlic pulse until minced. Add cilantro, walnuts, Parmesan cheese, lemon zest and juice, and salt process until smooth, scraping sides often. With the motor running, add olive oil in a thin stream until it is all incorporated.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)